Sunday, February 7, 2010

Twitter is for people with a false sense of own self importance? Yes or no?

I say yes!





No one cares about every little intricate trivial detail of your lives. Talk about a false sense of importance! Its borderline nauseating.





Who is with me?Twitter is for people with a false sense of own self importance? Yes or no?
I use twitter, but I mostly follow; I seldom send tweets of my own. Those I follow tend to be people, groups and organizations that I have a keen interest in, like @CatoInstitute, @RichardDawkins, @KurzweilAINews, and @dailygalaxy (to name but a few).





I agree with you that it is narcissistic to tell the world about every little thing you do, but that's not the kind of tweet I'm interested in. I use twitter mostly for real news %26amp; information. Mostly....Twitter is for people with a false sense of own self importance? Yes or no?
I agree. Yes.





It is certainly for the own self importance.


But more importantly, it tells us that its ok to put half-baked opinions on display.


In old days, people spent decades before publishing anything of importance. That's why we had legendary writers. Twitterers are sadly lacking.
it is as boring as listening to someone talk on a cell phone in a crowded room.





people are extremely isolated and self absorbed - maybe someday they will wake up and talk to the people they are near or with.
';The vanity of others offends our taste only when it offends our vanity.';
Having an opinion about twitter is for people with a false sense of self-importance.
It seems to me it's just another way to keep in contact with friends.
...no - thanks for sharing...

No comments:

Post a Comment