Sunday, February 7, 2010

Is it possible to have a blood test for pregnancy to be a false positive?

i believe so yes because i had a blood test done and it came out negative and i took a urine test 2 days later and it came out positive, and took another blood test that same day and it came out negative, but i am def pregnant.Is it possible to have a blood test for pregnancy to be a false positive?
yes it very much is. I know that the dr's and nurses will tell you that you can have a false negative but you can never have a false positive. Well, they are WRONG!!! I took one and it came up positive before I could even finish peeing on the stick. I waited about 2 weeks and took another one. It was negative. I was so upset. I've never had a miscarriage but when you go even 2 weeks thinking and just ';knowing'; you're pregnant only to find that it was a false positive, that mental baby was just ripped out of me. For about a month I couldn't look at a baby or anyone that was visibly pregnant w/out breaking down and crying. Luckily 2 months later, I got an accurate positive reading. That baby is now 6yo!!! =)Is it possible to have a blood test for pregnancy to be a false positive?
No. The hormone builds up in your blood then spills in your urine. I had a negative pee test at drs office but blood came back positive. I wouldn't trust there pee tests. I had 4 positives then theres came back negative! Trust the blood test.
Yes it can. My sister had to have a blood test done before she got her tubes tied two years ago and she was pregnant when they did it. The hospital can mix up the results with someone else, or your hormone levels may not be high enough
there is a slight VERY slight chance of having a false positive. Getting, funky results from a blood test could be a sign of something wrong with your reproductive system or your baby
highly unlikely, false negatives are way more common.
It's close to impossible
1% of the time, yes
NO
no

No comments:

Post a Comment