Thursday, February 11, 2010

Is it possible to have a false positive reading from a home preg. test?

i heard it was possible but very rare. is this true?Is it possible to have a false positive reading from a home preg. test?
Without a doubt%26gt;%26gt;YES!!!! Home preg tests are a complete nightmare. There are so many factors that can cause false positives. So, if you are looking for a good way to drive yourself nuts..use a home preg test as your only source of determination.


I have had more than one nightmare with these things, and ya think I would know better. I currently have an 8 year old that was undetected by three home preg tests. I had to go and get a serum HCG test to determine she was there. Last year I had a home preg test come back positive. Long story short, I had an ovarian cysts explode..it picked up the HcG. Currently, I am waitting results on another HcG test because a home preg test said I was preg. Mind you this is a human inpossiblity. The best advice I can give you. Go see your gynocologist and get a serum test completed.Is it possible to have a false positive reading from a home preg. test?
Yep it is really, i tested 2 on home pregnancy kits and they were both right, maybe you should try again or just go doctors.
yes
Its very possible only way to know 100% is from your doctor
Yes, quite possible.


Try another one just to make sure.


That coupled with missing your period for over two weeks is a good indication you are pregnant.


God Bless.
Yes, my mom gave me one when I was nine (she's insane!)


and it came up positive. I had never even kissed a boy.
yes, sometimes it is possible depending on what brand you buy. I would prefer ept. it is most likely 99% correct.
it is possible but usually rare, go to your doctor and explain u had a positive test and want another one done to make sure, if u are pregnant u will need to see ur doctor anyway...
It happens all the time...it's not as rare as you think, really.
yes, if your worried about go to the health center nearest to you!
Yes it is because my sister-in-law had a false pregnancy test and she knew because her doctor told her!
yes it is possible.


with my 1st pregnany I had a positive result on pregnancy test. Went to dr they did blood tests which came up negative for pregnancy. I was confused. I had ultrasound few weeks later and found out I was 7wks.
yes
Before I got my hcg levels back I took a home test the same day as well. I called the hospital to see what my results was because by the time the doctor would receive them it would be the next day, yet my home came out positive and the hospital could NOT tell me over a phone what the results was of there's yet she told me that when home one come back positive they are right!They may com back as neg. and yet be wrong yet she said BELIEVE the home ones! GOOD LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment