Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Can AZO for urinary infection give a false positive on a pregnancy test?

I took an otc med called AZO to help with what I thought was a unrinary infection. Then I realized I was late for my cycle so I took a home pregnancy test and it was positive. I stopped taking the med and tested again 2 days later and it was positive still. Anyone heard of this type of diuretic causing a false positive?Can AZO for urinary infection give a false positive on a pregnancy test?
No, it can't. Congrats!Can AZO for urinary infection give a false positive on a pregnancy test?
well i had the same problem i called the number on the box and it does effect any kind of urine test.

Report Abuse



no, a diuretic may give a false negative, because of dilution in urine to break up the infection. azo does not contain hormones, so it will not give a flase positve. also a uti is an early pregnancy symptom, so CONGRATS!!!
Congrats!! You are pregnant.


False positives are very rare..


The only way you would get a false positive is if you are taking medication which contains the hormone hCG (ie: fertility medication)
Yay! You are preggo!


Only a drug containing HcG would create a false positive.
Congrats you are pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment